Du är här: Forum » Allmänt » Dator & Internet » HDD failed, ready to replace & add new mSATA SSD
 2017-11-14, 11:36
Svara | #1 
jamesrivard
Medlem
Reg.datum: 2017-06-19
HDD failed, ready to replace & add new mSATA SSD

Hello Guys,

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 model laptop that originally had a Samsung Spinpoint 5400RPM 1TB HDD + 16GB SSD mSATA drive (for cache only). The original drive failed a few days ago, so I have decided to not only replace the new "spinning" drive with a 7200RPM model but I also bought a Samsung 850 EVO mSATA 128GB drive that I want to make the primary boot drive with the OS/programs. All I have done thus far is inserted both drives into the laptop so they are completely blank, haven't formatted or anything. I did go into the BIOS and it shows both recognized. Unfortunately, when I decided to create recovery USB media the original Spinpoint drive was already at 70% drive health with some disk errors according to Acronis Drive Monitor. Yes, I know very stupid to wait... I didn't receive any errors while creating the recovery media but I am skeptical on the stability of all of the recovery media that is contained on that USB flash drive. Video Intro can be a solid and sophisticated way to attract and connect with your target audience. Anyway, what option should I take to make the mSATA SSD the primary boot drive with the OS and programs and the 1TB as the data only drive for everything else? I have been reading a lot of threads at the Lenovo forums suggesting cloning with Paragon Backup & Recovery and also Paragon Migrate OS to SSD programs, however in this case I have both drives completely blank and basically starting from scratch.

Thanks

Det finns inga svar ännu. Bli först med att svara!
Du måste vara inloggad för att kunna svara på tråden!